Caliza 2016, made with syrah and petit verdot in limestone soils, is very personal and elegant, with velvety tannins and a fruity and delicious passage through the mouth.
Bodegas Pagos de Familia Marqués de Griñón is a family winery, owner of this hacienda since 1292. They elaborate Pago Wines looking for a differentiated personality and gastronomic pleasure.
Orders over €100 and Madrid Capital
We guarantee the safety of your purchases
Shop online and collect for free at our stores and restaurants with no minimum purchase amount
Winemaking and Ageing
Caliza 2016 is made from Syrah and Petit Verdot varieties. The grapes come from vineyards between 15 and 20 years old planted on clay soils with subsoils of pure limestone, hence its name.
The elaboration of Marqués de Griñon Caliza begins with a manual harvest and a destemming in the cellar. With the grapes prepared, a traditional alcoholic fermentation and a very long maceration of 1 month is carried out. Later the wine is aged in French Allier oak barrels for 10 months in a heated room.
Caliza 2016 Tasting Notes
- View: Caliza 2016 has a deep violet color.
- Nose: Complex and intense fruity aromas with hints of blackberries and ripe cherries offset by a subtle minerality and notes of mint.
- Palate: Wide wine, with an intense personality, silky but with a structure that stands out for its meatiness and for its persistent and balanced finish.
Caliza 2016 is ideal to accompany all kinds of Mediterranean dishes, pasta, risottos, and tapas.
Buying Caliza 2016 en En Copa de Balón is easy, convenient, and with the guarantee to get the best wine at the best price, and in perfect condition.
Embotellado por Marques De Griñon Family Estates S.A. Malpicada De Tajo, R.E. CLM 350-TO
- 15 %
- Bottle Shape
- Country of Origin
- Wine Type
- Red Wine
- Petit Verdot, Graciano, Syrah
- Pagos de Familia del Marqués de Griñón
- 10 meses